Scroll down for today's pictures & links.
Cat vs. Metronome
A metronome has found this cat's inner frequency, or so it seems. Another cat comes to check it out, and remains totally unperturbed... Oh, and here is a classic "Cat vs. Printer" video.
Today's pictures & links:
German Television Tower Models
Looking like some inspired DIY project, these models were made in East Germany in the 1950s-1970s: hundreds of various kinds, making an interesting collection -
Cuteness, in Deep Grass
(image credit: Alexey Masanov)
See another cute creature here.
Mary Astor in "Trapped by Television" (1936, info) - and yes, this is a real TV camera!
Mixed fresh links for today:
Thousands of New Stars Emerge in Glowing Nebula - [wow pic]
Crabzilla! Almost as big as your car - [wow nature]
Must-see Water-related Infographics - [nature]
Floating Dream Worlds - [surreal art]
Recycled Steampunk Keyboards, Repurposed Nuclear Shelters - [geek art]
Record-breaking (Unknown) Movie Industry - [interesting]
Woody Packard: A Beauty of Tea - [photography]
Fantastic Microscopic Mirrors Technology - [wow video]
Extreme Way to Enjoy Thin Ice - [wow video]
Another Extreme Way to Get a Rush - [wow video]
Another great pre-make: 1954 "Ghostbusters!" - [fun video]
Pink Floyd's "Echoes" synced with "2001: A Space Odyssey" - [cool video]
Action Figure of YOU - [cool site]
Modern Renovation Gem - [interior design]
Dark Roasted Blend T-Shirts are here!
Buy them here!
This is a joint project between Neatoshop and DRB - this way we ensure the best shopping experience, and will continue to come up with cool Dark Roasted Blend designs throughout the year.
Riot Cars & Drunk Catchers
In view of the current uprising in Egypt:
Here is a vision of the machine-gun equipped riot police vehicle (the cover of Mechanics & Handicraft magazine, May 1938):
Don't miss our previous article on "Riot Police Cars" here, and an exclusive look at the Riot Police cars used in Colombia - click here
Here is a The Drunk Catcher, used way back in the 1920s:
The Key Keeper
New art by James Ng (we are big fans of his steampunk-flavored work and featured him a few times before):
(images credit: James Ng)
"The recently deceased Key Keeper and his pet cats had the responsibility of organizing all the keys and locks for the imperial dungeon. With the keeper gone, no one except his pets could pair the thousands of keys to their corresponding lock, but the feline family refused to go to work without their master. The Imperial Inventor, with permission from the court, reanimated the keeper's skeleton with steam engines to keep the loyal pets satisfied until they find a better solution. The skeletal remains of the eldest cat was also reanimated to serve as a pack leader and a mobile key cutting machine."
May I Come In?
Photography Emulates Art
First, a classic work of surreal art: Samy Charnin's "A Day In the Clouds":
(art by Samy Charnin)
And then - something similar spotted in this photograph (well, granted, it's taken in the infrared light):
(image credit: Gordon Stone McBride)
Any similarity is purely coincidental, of course. Only imagination is at work here.
The Starfish People are up to something
The Starfish Aliens from Japanese obscure 1950s sci-fi movie "Warning From Space":
READ THE PREVIOUS ISSUE ->
Friday, February 11, 2011
Posted by fa.ah at 1:10 AM
- Tutorial - How to Make a Reversible Carseat Cover
- Tutorial - How to Make a Wedding Corset - Part 3
- Double Lack
- Tutorial - How to Make a Monster Bag
- Ivar Studio Desk
- Coffee table advance
- Tutorial - How to Make an Easy Strip Quilt
- Electric Lips
- Tutorial - How to Make a Changing Pad Bag
- Tutorial - How to Make Apothocary Jars
- DIY Slide Projector
- Tutorial - How to Make a Popsicle Stick Pencil Hol...
- Lack Bistro Table
- Tutorial - How to Make a Reverse Applique Scarf
- Tutorial - How to Make an Applique Shamrock Rag Qu...
- Modern dining room lightning
- Tutorial - How to Make a Yarn Covered Headphones
- Kitchen Island Beauty
- Tutorial - How to Refashion an Adult Skirt into a ...
- Half-pint Effektiv holds computer and subwoofer fo...
- Tutorial - How to Make a Sunflower Floral Bouquet
- Tutorial - How to Make a 3D Paper Swan
- Tutorial - How to Make a Baby Changing Pad (Folds ...
- Tolsby - A cheap and easy earring display
- Tutorial - How to Make an Embellished T Shirt
- RETUR goes to bed
- Tutorial - How to Make a Diaper Cake
- Weird Vintage Ads (Outrageous!)
- Recipe - How to Make a Chocolate Pudding Pie with ...
- Tutorial - How to Make a Magnetic Calendar Holder
- My cherry blossom lantern, inspired by Joey
- Tutorial - How to Make a Bubble Bracelet
- Corner workstation
- Tutorial - How to Make the Easiest Upcycled Dog Co...
- Tutorial - How to Make a Simple Wrap Sweater
- Tutorial - How to Make Bulky Wooden Candlesticks
- Baby Crib with open shelving
- Somewhere to hang my ... glass
- Tutorial - How to Make Throwback to the 80s Ribbon...
- Wardrobe hiding wires and fuse
- Tutorial - How to Make Party Favor Boxes from Recy...
- Cats Ready to Kill You
- Tutorial - How to do Snow Dyeing
- Tutorial - How to Make a Stenciled Flour Sack Pill...
- EXPEDIT wardrobe with plants
- IKEA LACK Tables become wall art
- Tutorial - How to Make a Chinese New Year Floral C...
- Mood light panel
- Tutorial - How to Store Fat Quarters of Fabric
- Tutorial - How to Make a Measuring Tape Hairbow
- Tutorial - How to Make Talking Fabric Coasters
- When Ikea doesn't make a small enough cabinet
- Candleholder vs. towelholder
- Recipe - How to Make Oatmeal Cranberry Walnut Cook...
- Build a Rietveld-inspired chair with NUMERAR count...
- Tutorial - How to Make a Crocheted Fastener for Sc...
- Tutorial - How to Make State Wall Art
- Gallant Standing Desk
- SMILA SOL Ceiling Fan
- Tutorial - How to Make All Natural Lotion at Home
- Presidents Day Coloring Pages
- Spice it Up! Klippan Sofa
- Painted Trees in the Mountains of Colorado
- Tutorial - How to Make a Reversible Double Thickne...
- Sater 2.5 seat sofa to leather chair
- Tutorial - How to Make Car Seat Strap Covers
- Tutorial - How to Refashion an Adult Skirt into L...
- Tutorial - How to Make Resin Stained Glass
- Stainless bowl hanging planter
- Tutorial - How to Make Quotable Tea Bag Tags
- Upholstered Lack coffee table
- Stolmen Floating TV Stand, So Simple Anybody Can D...
- Tutorial - How to Change A Water Heater Element
- Tutorial - How to Make Duct Tape Bows
- Inspiration Creation - Home Diorama
- Southern Charm Mason Jar Chandelier
- Nyttja frame becomes a notice board
- Tutorial - How to Make a Hair Clip Organizer
- Alex Cooling
- Dolly bunkbed
- Tutorial - How to do Foundation Paper Piecing
- Tutorial - How to Make Homemade Paper Hearts
- Tutorial - How to Make a Flip Top Gift Box
- Link Latte 151
- Lack 2.0
- A little love from IKEA
- FROSTA speaker stands
- Tutorial - How to Make a Valentine's Day Card Pock...
- Cute bulletin board
- Tutorial - How to Make a Conversation Heart Bath S...
- Love & Romance (Vintage and Funny Pics)
- Tutorial - How to Make a Pencil and Notebook Folde...
- Tutorial - How to Make Paper Towel Roll Flowers
- Hamster-Villa above TV
- Tutorial - How to Make a Fur Trimmed Toddler Hat a...
- Plastic Bag Trash Receptacle
- Torked-out Multi-Ribba Technicolour Backlit Featur...
- Tutorial - How to Make a Rose Scarflet
- Tutorial - How to Make Hanging Valentine Cones
- ▼ February (191)
- ► 2010 (569)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (972)
- ► 2007 (689)
- ► 2006 (95)